Childhood, as God intended it, should be a time of trust, security and joyful growth. But many children live lives of deprivation and crisis. Their days are filled with uncertainty, stress, and even fear and pain.
We, at Saint Matthew's, believe that we are clearly called by Jesus to love and care for kids and make their lives better. Our Care4Kids Program offers many ways for us to do just that.
- The Ministry to Abused Children (MAC) Team members serve on Foster Care Review Boards as the eyes and ears of the Supreme Court of Arizona.
- Quilts4Kids meets regularly to make small, age-appropriate quilts to be given to abused children on the day of their removal from the home by CPS.
- Angel Tree collects donated gifts for specific children in the Crisis Nursery Shelter and Group Home.
- Men with Cars (and Women with Cars) transport donations from The Suitcase Project to CPS, gifts for Angel Tree to the Crisis Nursery, books to the VSNA warehouse, and donations to the Youth Mission Trip yard sale.
- Hartford Helpers join with Hartford Elementary (our neighborhood school) to provide tutoring, after school programs, classroom help, and office services.
- The VSNA Book Drive allows Saint Matthew's to help fund activity fees and scholarships for foster children in conjunction with the Arizona Friends of Foster Children.
All these programs function under the umbrella of Care4Kids. For more information on any program of Care4Kids contact Deacon Sue.
Mark 9:37 Whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me.
Sign Guest Book
View Guest Book
Saint Matthew's Episcopal Church
Mailing Address -- P O Box 1959, Chandler, Arizona 85244-1959
Physical Address -- 901 West Erie Street, Chandler, Arizona 85225
Office Hours -- Monday to Thursday: 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m and Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Phone -- 480.899.7386
For Pastoral Emergencies -- 480.786.3911
A Welcoming Church
Growing As God's Family